2. Add the pork to the marinade and marinate at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4. Remove the pork from the marinade. Season well with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, add 2 cups of the marinade and roast for about 50 minutes, basting regularly. Discard the remaining marinade. The internal temperature should be 150°F. Note: Allow the pork loin to rest for 10 minutes and check that the temperature has come up to 160°F. (The pork loin will continue to cook after removing it from the oven). For more information visit our Cook It Safe Calculator .
5. Transfer the pork to a platter and cover with foil.
6. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the apples. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the apples to a bowl. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of the molasses to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until syrupy, about 3 minutes. Pour the glaze over the apples and toss gently.
7. Slice the pork and arrrange on a serving platter. Add the juices from the roasting pan back to the skillet and boil for 1 minute. Pour the juices over the pork and arrange the apples around the edge.