seeded and minced sweet red cherry
(from a jar of vinegar packed sweet cherry peppers)
, picked over for bits of shell and cartilage with claw meat and large pieces of crab left whole
1. In a large bowl, whisk the tomato paste and the honey together until smooth.
2. Whisk in the mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, cherry peppers, lemon zest, horseradish and Tabasco.
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the egg. (You can make the dressing a day ahead and store it, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator. When you're ready to serve, mix the dressing with the crabmeat.)
4. Add the crabmeat to the bowl and toss it with the dressing.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
6. To serve, set a bowl of crab dip on a large platter and surround it with chips, crackers, or pita wedges for dipping.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Number of Servings: 8
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin