or vegetable broth
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the bay leaf, thyme, barley and stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the barley is completely tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and simmer until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf and adjust the salt and pepper. Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with parsley.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin