with leaves, chopped into 1/2" pieces
1. Place the chicken, carrots, onions, celery and parsnips in a stockpot large enough to hold everything easily. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and skim off any foam or fat that rises to the surface. Simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender, at least 2 hours.
4. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Remove the meat from the bones, cut the meat into bite-size pieces and return it to the pot. Discard the bones.
5. Add the dill and parsley and simmer 30 minutes more.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 16
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin