(more or less, depending on taste)
(yellow part only)
1. Bring the sugar, water and lemon zest to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. This will extract flavor from the peel, dissolve the sugar and make a syrup.
2. Add the fruit and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, until just tender.
3. Remove the fruit from the juice and set aside. Discard the lemon zest.
4. Reduce the juice over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until it becomes syrupy. Pour the syrup over the cooked fruit. Serve warm.
5. Serve over Golden Grain Griddle Cakes for a weekend breakfast or over Honey Vanilla Frozen Yogurt for a low-fat dessert.
For Safekeeping: Cool the compote. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 12
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin