2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth by the quarter cup, as needed, to keep the vegetables from sticking.
4. Add the red pepper and asparagus and cook for 2 minutes more. (Continue adding chicken broth as needed.)
5. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
6. Turn the heat to low and add any remaining chicken broth and the sour cream to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth and sour cream are well blended. Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the chicken and toss it with the vegetables to coat it in the sauce. Add the fettuccine and toss again to combine.
8. Immediately serve the Primavera in warm bowls. Serve the remaining Parmesan cheese on the side for sprinkling at the table.