1 1/2 tablespoons
, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
pasta, fresh or dried, such as
1. Pour the vinegar and salt into a small bowl, add olive oil, garlic and 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt and pepper and mix. Taste for seasoning.
2. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Toss with the balsamic vinaigrette and the julienned basil leaves. Add the mozzarella.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, bring to a boil and cook until al dente, 3 to 4 minutes for fresh pasta or according to the directions on the package.
4. Toss the pasta with 1 teaspoon of olive oil to prevent it from sticking and mix with the tomato-basil salad.
5. Divide the pasta among 4 large, warmed dinner plates. Arrange several spoonfuls of the tomato-basil salad on top.
Serving Size: 1 cup of pasta with tomatoes and mozzarella
Number of Servings: 4
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat