distilled white vinegar
carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch by 1/4-inch by 2-inch julienne strips
(about 1 1/2 cups)
peeled (about 1 cup)
, cut into 1-inch pieces (about half a small head)
stalks, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
red bell pepper
, cored, seeded and sliced into 1/3-inch pieces (1 generous cup)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Pour 2 quarts of water into a 5-quart pot, add the vinegar and salt and bring to a boil
2. Add the carrots and onions; cook 2 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower and celery; cook 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the red pepper and continue cooking until the vegetables are softened, but still quite firm, about 1 minute.
5. Drain the vegetables well and transfer them to a bowl large enough to hold them comfortably.
6. Cool to room temperature.
7. When all the vegetables are cool, season them with salt, toss in the olives and drizzle the olive oil over everything.
8. Toss well and let marinate at least one hour at room temperature or 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator before serving.(The marinated vegetables will keep well in the refrigerator up to 7 days.)
Serving Size: 1/2 cup vegetables
Number of Servings: 16
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat