2. Whisk the eggs, milk and flour together in a mixing bowl. Generously season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and set aside.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onions to a strainer and let the excess liquid drain off.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat.
5. Arrange the potato slices in overlapping concentric circles on the bottom and sides of the pan. Fill in any holes with slices of potato and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, without turning the potatoes, until they begin to turn golden brown on the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes. Cover the cheese with the cooked onions and Canadian bacon. Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan and place the pan in the oven.
7. Bake the quiche for about 45 minutes or until it is just set.