, peeled and halved
red wine vinegar
1. Place the beans in a colander and rinse with cold water. Pick over the beans to remove any stones. Place the beans in a clean pot, cover with fresh cold water and soak for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain.
2. In a large pot, combine the beans, onion quarters, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper with 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until the beans are tender, about 1 hour.
4. Drain the liquid from the beans and remove the onions, garlic and bay leaf.
5. Combine the black beans, red onion, green and red pepper and corn in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix the lime juice, vinegar and oil. Pour over the beans and vegetables and toss to combine.
6. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding additional cayenne pepper if you want the salad spicier.
Serving Size: about 3/4 cup of salad
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin