2. Place the pork loin in a roasting pan and sprinkle with the herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the wine into the bottom of the pan and baste occasionally. Roast the pork for about 1 1/2 hours until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
4. While the pork is roasting, place the pear chunks in a large, heavy-bottomed, stainless-steel pot. Add the rest of the ingredients for the peppery pear butter.
5. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer until the fruit becomes tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Puree in a food mill or blender.
7. Remove the pork loin from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the peppery pear butter.