slices of roasted
red bell pepper
, from a jar
1 1/2 tablespoons
1. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Place 1 slice of red pepper and 1 teaspoon of diced shallot in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
3. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
5. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast to serve.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin
Vitamin B3 - Niacin