2. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper together.
3. Brush the red pepper and eggplant strips with the oil mixture on a baking sheet and place in a hot oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool.
For the hummus:
4. While the vegetables are roasting, drain and rinse the garbanzo beans.
5. Puree the garbanzo beans in a blender or food processor with the tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
6. With the machine running, add the olive oil slowly, until the hummus becomes thick and creamy.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the sandwiches:
8. Place the bottom and top halves of the focaccia on your work surface. Divide the hummus among the sandwiches, spreading it on the top and bottom slices. Top with the roasted vegetables, dividing them evenly among the sandwiches. Place the top halves of the focaccia on top of the vegetables and serve.
9. Slice in half on the diagonal and serve at room temperature.