1. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes, depending on size. Remove from the heat, drain and cool to room temperature. When the potatoes are cool slice into thin rounds.
2. Preheat the broiler.
3. Brush the fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned fillets on a non-stick baking sheet.
4. Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning only once. (Thin fillets take less time, thicker fillets take more.) Let the fillets cool.
5. To arrange the salad, divide the friseé evenly and place on 4 chilled plates. Place the thinly sliced fennel on top and flake the salmon over the fennel. Arrange the potato slices around the salad and using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large strips over the salad.
6. Drizzle a tart vinaigrette over the salad. Suggested vinaigrettes: Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette and Lemon Chive Vinaigrette.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups of salad
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin