1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook garlic for 1 minute. Repeat 2 more times, each with a fresh pot of water.
3. Refresh garlic under cold water.
4. Bring another pot of salted water to a boil, blanch parsley for 15 seconds, immediately plunge into cold water.
5. Combine cooked garlic, parsley, tahini and yogurt in a blender.
6. Puree until smooth, adding water to thin as necessary.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
For the shrimp:
1. Toss the eggplant with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill over medium heat until cooked, about ten minutes.
3. Remove the eggplant and cut into batons (long strips).
4. Heat a large sauté pan with the canola oil.
5. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, sauté over high heat until shrimp are just underdone, about 1 minute per side.
6. Add the eggplant to combine.
7. Divide shrimp and eggplant among four entrée plates. Spoon tahini emulsion around. Divide pea shoots and scallions and sprinkle on top. Serve immediately.