, cut from the cob (about 2 ears)
red bell pepper
or cilantro leaves
freshly ground black pepper
or to taste
For the corn salsa:
1. Cut the corn from the cob and place in a small pot of boiling water. Cook the corn until it is just tender. (Very fresh corn will cook in about 1 minute, while older corn will take a few more minutes.) Drain and place the corn in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the red pepper, scallions, oregano, lime juice and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. The salsa should be served at room temperature.)
For the steaks:
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Combine the salt, black pepper and chili powder in a small bowl and season the steaks.
3. Cook the steaks on the hot grill to your desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
4. Serve the steaks topped with the fresh salsa.
Serving Size: 1 steak with salsa
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin