2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to wilt, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet. Add the wine, let it boil rapidly for a minute and stir with a wooden spoon to remove any bits that may be stuck to the pan.
4. Add the chicken broth, turn down the heat so that the mixture simmers slowly and place a lid, slightly ajar, over the skillet. Cook until the chicken is completely tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until it is crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
6. Add the asparagus and peas to the chicken. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes to heat through.
7. To serve, heat the cooked potatoes and divide them among 4 bowls. Add chicken, asparagus and peas to each bowl and spoon some of the sauce over the top.