, or a pinch dried
, plus extra
1. Bring a pot of well salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. Blanch the peas in the boiling water until they are bright green and tender, about 2 minutes. Remove the peas and plunge them into the ice bath. When cool, drain and dry on paper towels.
2. In a sauce pot, cook the olive oil, onion, garlic and thyme with a pinch of salt and several twists of fresh pepper over medium heat until the onions begin to wilt, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock.
3. Peel and dice the potato and add it to the pot. Cook, uncovered, until the potato is completely tender, about 20 minutes.
4. If using fresh thyme, remove it now. Puree the potato mixture in a blender or food processor. Add the peas and puree. If necessary, add more chicken stock by the tablespoon until the consistency is pourable. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the soup into individual serving dishes and garnish with sour cream.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin