2. Heat the chicken broth in a small saucepan, season it well with salt and pepper and keep warm over low heat.
3. In another large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook until it is translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Turn the heat up to high and add the shrimp and garlic. Cook until the shrimp are just opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
5. Turn the heat down to low, add the rice to the onions and garlic in the pan and stir to combine. Add about 1 cup of the hot broth and stir slowly until the broth is absorbed. Continue to add the broth 1 cup at a time, occasionally stirring slowly, letting the rice absorb the broth before adding more.
6. The rice is cooked when it is creamy on the outside and just al dente in the center, about 20 to 25 minutes total. Stir in the shrimp, half of the peas and half of the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the risotto is too thick, add a little more broth until it becomes creamy.
7. Divide the risotto among warmed serving dishes and top each serving with strips of prosciutto, the remaining peas and Parmesan cheese and garnish with the chopped parsley.