1 1/2 tablespoons
lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
1. Place the shallots and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the grilled steak:
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the steaks on both sides until it is cooked through, about 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board to rest.
(The steak can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the green salad:
1. Slice the steaks into strips and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper and onion slices and half of the balsamic vinaigrette.
2. Place the romaine lettuce in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the steak, tomato, bell pepper and onion mixture on top. Serve with a roll.
Serving Size: about 3 ounces of cooked steak with 2 cups of salad
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin