, canned or fresh
1. Wash the clams. Place them, with just the water that clings to them, in a covered pot over high heat until they just open, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, bring a gallon of well-salted water to a boil.
3. Remove the open clams from the pot and reserve the juice.
4. Heat the reserved clam juice over medium-high heat and reduce the quantity by half.
5. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
6. Add the tomatoes to the clam juice and simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
7. Cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
8. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and arrange the clams. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1/4 pound of pasta with clams and tomatoes
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin