, canned or fresh
1. Wash the mussels and remove the "beard." Place the mussels, with just the water that clings to them, in a covered pot over high heat until they just open, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, bring a gallon of well-salted water to a boil.
3. Remove the mussels from their shells. Discard the shells, reserve the mussels in a bowl and reserve the juice in the pot.
4. Heat the juices over medium-high heat and reduce the quantity by half.
5. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
6. Add the tomatoes to the mussel juice and simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
7. Cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
8. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and the mussels. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1/4 pound of pasta with mussels and tomatoes
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin