red chili paste
, or water
, sliced across the grain into 2" pieces
, washed, stems removed
cooked white or brown
1. Combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili paste and sherry and pour over the meat. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Toss in the carrots and parsnips and cook for about 2 minutes and quickly remove with a slotted spoon. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
3. Remove the beef from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
4. Heat a wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Stir-fry the beef until it is just browned, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and parsnips to the pan and toss quickly in the hot pan.
5. Add the remaining marinade and simmer for 1 minute.
6. Add the spinach and cook until it is just barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
7. Meanwhile, heat the rice in the microwave (if necessary). Arrange a ring of rice on the center of each plate and serve the stir-fry in the middle of the rice.
Serving Size: 4 ounces of beef with vegetables and rice
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin