, plus 8 strawberries for garnish
1. Place the cold water in a small heat proof dish. Sprinkle the gelatin into the water. When the gelatin has absorbed the water, melt the mixture by placing the dish over a samll pot of simmering water. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
2. Hull 1 pint of strawberries. Puree them with the sugar, lemon juice and salt in a blender or food processor. Transfer the strawberry mixture to a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir the gelatin mixture into the strawberry mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks and fold them into the strawberry mixture. Pour the mixture into the crumb crust and refrigerate for several hours until set.
5. To serve, cut the pie into 8 pieces and decorate each piece with a strawberry.
Serving Size: 1 piece
Number of Servings: 8
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin