For the glaze:
1. Soften the tamarind in 1/2 cup of the hot water and push through a sieve.
2. Soften the chilies in the other 1/2 cup of hot water and put in a blender along with orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil and dry mustard. Purée until smooth, add the tamarind purée and the honey and blend well.
3. Strain into a small sauce pot and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the salmon:
1. Preheat broiler and season the salmon fillets on all sides. Broil at close range to slightly brown the fish, about 2 minutes per side.
2. Glaze each fillet generously and sprinkle with fennel seeds and cracked pepper. Broil 2 to 3 minutes more until the fish is just cooked, the glaze is bubbly and the seeds are toasted. Serve immediately.Serving Size: 1 salmon fillet