red bell pepper
diced, yellow bell
diced, green bell
1 1/2 cups
1 1/4 cups
(one stick) unsalted
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 9" x 9" pan with nonstick spray.
2. While the oven is heating, sauté the peppers in a non-stick pan until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Sift the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. (This can be done the night before and kept covered on the counter.)
3. Stir in the eggs, milk, butter and cooked diced peppers with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not overmix.
4. Pour into the pan and bake until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. The cornbread is done when a small knife inserted in the center comes out dry. Best when served warm from the oven.
Serving Size: 1 slice = 1/12 of cornbread
Number of Servings: 12
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin