1. Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken to the mixture and coat evenly.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
For the chutney:
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and tomatoes and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the currants, vinegar and juices and cook until reduced by one-third, about 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Add the jalapeño pepper and cook 5 minutes.
4. Add the salt and set aside.
To cook the chicken:
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. (This protects against cross-contamination.) Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
3. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Putting it together: Garnish the chicken with the mint, cilantro and scallions. Serve with rice and chutney on the side.