cooked, small or medium
, peeled and deveined
jalapeño chili pepper
, or to taste
peeled, seeded and diced
freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chili pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomatoes, corn, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, cooked shrimp, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
6. While the soup simmers, pour the oil to a depth of about 1 inch in a small, deep saute pan and heat over medium heat.
7. When the oil is hot, add the tortilla strips and fry briefly until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
8. Place the diced avocado in a large bowl and pour the hot soup over it. Top with the little pieces of lime and the tortilla strips and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1 generous bowl
Number of Servings: 1
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin