, well rinsed
, or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 quarts
, cut into 1/2" cubes (keep in bowl of water so they do not discolor)
1. Heat the peanut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion, leek and thyme, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Add the stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the leeks are completely tender.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer about 10 minutes more, or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Puree in a blender.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve garnished with chives.
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin