, peeled and cubed
1. Bring a large soup pot of water to a boil. Add the white beans, turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
2. Drain the beans. Put them back in the soup pot along with the onion, carrot, celery, potatoes, bay leaf and 4 cups of water. Simmer until the beans are tender, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of salted water to a boil. Add the barley, reduce the heat to low and cook until the barley is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the bay leaf. Set aside.
4. Using a blender, puree 1/3 of the soup and pour it back into the soup pot.
5. Add the barley. Season with salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly and serve.
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin